Foundation components for Cisco Business Edition 6000 follow:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager software is the media-processing engine of Cisco Business Edition 6000, extending telephony features and capabilities to packet telephony network devices such as IP phones, media-processing devices, voice-over-IP (VoIP) gateways, and multimedia applications. Additional services such as multimedia conferencing, collaborative contact centers, and interactive multimedia response systems are made possible through Cisco Unified Communications Manager open telephony application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Instant Messaging and Presence with the Cisco Jabber™ messaging integration platform takes advantage of intelligence in Cisco networks and Cisco Unified Communications Manager to deliver highly secure, reliable, and high-quality communications. It delivers a consistent experience across on-premises and cloud-based deployments, and uses industry standards to help ensure interoperability across Cisco and third-party solutions.
- Cisco Unity® Connection transparently integrates messaging and voice-recognition functions to provide continuous global access to calls and messages. Its advanced convergence-based communication services allow you to use natural-language voice commands to place calls or listen to messages in hands-free mode and to check voice messages from your desktop, either through integration with your email inbox or by using a web browser. It also provides robust Automated-Attendant functions, including intelligent routing for incoming calls and easily customizable call-screening and message-notification options.
- Cisco Prime™ Unified Provisioning Manager Business Edition provides automated processes for initial deployment and day-2 additions and changes. It significantly speeds deployments, reducing the ongoing costs and expertise required to manage the changes that occur after the network is operational. An administrator can configure policy at various levels that enforces Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and enables delegation of management tasks. Through the use of simplified workflows and automated processes, it simplifies provisioning and activation of subscribers, significantly reduces time to dial tone, and practically eliminates errors.
- Cisco Licensing(including Cisco Enterprise Licensing Manager [ELM]) makes usage and reporting simple. Cisco ELM provides a centralized, at-a-glance view of compliance and allows for redistribution of licensing among supported products. User licensing – based on user profiles – aligns with Cisco User Connect Licenses (UCL) and Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) purchasing models.
- Cisco UCS® C220 M3 Rack Server is designed for performance and density over a wide range of business workloads, from web serving to distributed database. Building on the success of the Cisco UCS C200 M2 Rack Servers, the enterprise-class Cisco UCS C220 M3 Server further extends the capabilities of the Cisco Unified Computing System™ portfolio in a 1-rack-unit (1RU) form factor. And with the addition of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product family, it delivers significant performance and efficiency gains. It offers up to 256 GB of RAM, eight drives or solid-state drives (SSDs), and two 1 Gigabit Ethernet LAN interfaces built into the motherboard, delivering outstanding levels of density and performance in a compact package.
Collaboration options with the Cisco Business Edition 6000 follow:
- Advanced video with Cisco TelePresence® conferencing solutions enables simple session management and control of telepresence conferences, and provides flexible and extensible conferencing applications that can help organizations benefit from increased employee productivity and enhanced communication with partners and customers. The Cisco Business Edition 6000 Advanced Video offer includes co-resident Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS-C) software and a license for 5 traversal and 10 nontraversal calls.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express supports up to 100 call center agents with agent-based service as well as fully integrated self-service applications by providing sophisticated and distributed automatic call distributor (ACD), interactive voice response (IVR), computer telephony integration (CTI), and agent and desktop services on a single server. The Business Edition 6000 offers 5, 10, and 25 low-priced agent seat license bundles.
- Cisco Unified Attendant Consoles comprise four full-featured, software-based, attendant console applications. They are designed for mid-sized to large businesses and provide intuitive, efficient, and personalized call handling for inbound calls to enhance customer satisfaction and responsiveness.
- Cisco WebEx® web conferencing accelerates business results by making your web meetings more productive. This people-centric collaboration solution can enable team members to easily share information through any computer or mobile device. WebEx® Meetings allows people to attend meetings any time, from anywhere, inside and outside corporate firewalls.
- Cisco Emergency Responder helps assure that Cisco Unified Communications Manager will send emergency calls to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the caller’s location, and that the PSAP can identify the caller’s location and return the call if necessary. The system automatically tracks and updates equipment moves and changes, helping ensure more effective compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, reducing the risk of liability related to emergency calls as a result.
Cisco Business Edition 6000 supports a maximum of five virtual machines (four core applications with Cisco Prime Unified Provisioning Manager Business Edition as the fifth) running co-resident on the Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Server. It supports full-featured redundancy for all the core applications over a WAN or LAN environment.
Solution Specifications: System Capacity
|Maximum number of users||1000|
|Maximum number of mailboxes and voicemail ports||1000 mailboxes and 24 voicemail ports|
|Number of contact center agents||100|
|Number of presence users||1000|
|Number of devices supported||1200|
|Maximum number of co-resident applications||5|